How do i get my mum plant to grow year after year?

How do i get my mum plant to grow year after year

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

The mums you buy in the store, already flowering and fully grown are shipped in a peat of some kind so that the shipping costs are less. If you plant them they will not grow roots into the soil before a freeze and will likely die. If young mums (before they flower) are planted in dirt in a pot, then transplanted into your garden they will come back year after year. Better to buy mums that are grown local (and in dirt). However if you buy a young mum early in the season and put in dirt right away so that roots establish, it will probably come back.

• 1 month ago

You have to follow it

Setting up mum indoor near a window, that receives bright, indirect sunlight all day, or place them outdoors where they can receive five hours of morning sunlight and afternoon shade. ...

Check the mums' soil moisture daily, and water the mums when the top 1 inch of soil begins to dry.

I hope it helps you to grow you plant effectively... Good Luck!!

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

water is your friend let it grow let it grow

• 1 month ago

Mum's the word on that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

just keep watering it

• 1 month ago

There appears to be a few wise a__es answering this question.

• 1 month ago

Kick it in the butt

• 1 month ago

is your mum a plant?

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Mums are annuals. they aren't perennials. Perennials come back, annuals don't.

• virginia1 month agoReport

Mums you buy at big box stores are labeled annuals because they were planted in peat (instead of dirt) and they are already blooming so not likely to come back. Mums are perennials if it is done right as discussed below.

• Jay
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

give it a uterus so it can reproduce

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.