Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 month ago

What did you and your husnand/wife do for yoyr first christmas together?

My fiancé and I are getting married in 11 days. 

What did you guys do for your first christmas together? We live in an apartment currently. I want to buy a few presents for my fiancé (then husband) to open and maybe put up stockings? Matching pajamas maybe? Of course we are buying a christmas tree. Any ideas? Im getting too excited to decorate for christmas and having our first christmas in our apartment/home

Yes during the day we would be going to our families. My parents like doing the early lunch/dinner his family does the 7pm 8pm stuff :/ but anything else?

Well we had an early supper because next day would be spent mostly driving,get to his folks.Electric went off {all electric house} it was 13 degrees,stayed off all night.So we spent a lot of time just sitting wrapped in a blanket in front of the tree but no lights.When we opened presents around midnight his brother had given us an electric blanket,LOL It was a really nice Christmas all things considered.

We went to an awful party that his employer had. We had a Christmas tree with almost no ornaments on it. And I think we went to his cousin's house too.

P.S. Congratulations.

• Lili

We were in Rome. We went to dinner with other American ex-pats at the home of one of them, but we did have a tree and stockings. We exchanged gifts -- each of us had three for the other -- but we wouldn't have been caught dead in matching pajamas. Too silly and childish.

We basically just really enjoyed the season, going to musical performances and visiting shops and various streets and squares to see the decorations. Even now, we like to find a symphonic performance of season-appropriate music to attend. We do that every year.

My husband is Jewish but non-devout. He and I celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday.

No clue...don't remember. I probably worked if given the opportunity for double pay on a holiday. X-mas Eve is spent with my spouse's family, Christmas day dinner with my family. We really don't do anything for ourselves for Christmas...it's just too busy/stressful a time of year with lots of "have to".

• Kelly

He went to work...

My ex came over (friendly divorce) and we celebrated Christmas with the kids and my family. Speaking of my ex, my first Christmas married to him he was deployed to the middle east so I spent Christmas with my family.

As for decorating, he (current guy) let me do whatever I wanted and didn't care how the house looked. Neither of us was into matching jammies.

• Rick

That was in the '70's, who remembers .......................................