Does diabetes run in your family? If so who has it?

• Shay
    Best Answer

In my family - only one relative has it.

In my husband's family - two with type 1 and several with type 2.

I have  Diabetes and I just got out of the Hospital. I had a Diabetic Count over 1,600 and now I’m recovering at home.

• GEEGEE

Both my parents, most aunts and uncles on both sides, several cousins, and me.

In my family - my mother and my sister were both type 2, my sister insulin inj. So yes. My husband is also type 2, but as far as we are aware, NOBODY in his family is or was diabetic - and he's not overweight either.

I have a brother that is also type 1, but from what we know, there's no-one else in the family that has had it.

I am the only one in the family with type 2 diabetes, no grandparents or parents or siblings have it

Are u asking in general or personally? It does run in families. For me however I’m lucky enough to not have it run in mine, it’s a horrible disease and I wish the best for anyone’s struggling with it.