Sky asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

I need advice?

So, to start this off, for 14+ years My eyes have ALWAYS been equal, and never “strayed from one another. However, for this last week I have been having terrible headaches that go on and off throughout the day. Not only that, but I think one of my eyes are “deviating” or being to slowly turn upward? I really don’t know what I should do and I’m freaking the hell out about it bc of that. I don’t want to have to go to the doctors because what if I’m just being ridiculous? That stuff costs money and unfortunately my family isn’t made out of it. I just don’t know if I should keep it to myself or say **** it and ask to see a doctor :( I went to an optometrist appointment about two weeks ago and he said everything was looking great, but my eyes and these headaches weren’t happening at that time either. AND on top of that, I don’t know if the headaches or even correlated! Like what if I’m just having headaches because the seasons are changing or something stupid like that? I’m just lost :/ so any helpful advice would be very much appreciated.

One thing only gets rid of my headaches iv'e had since I was 12, Excedrin in the green box, 2 always gets rid of.. I've tried almost everything..  your doctor needs to do an MRI of your head..  you should drink at least 5 glasses of water a day, there is no substitute like Tea or energy drinks.. plain old water..

Your visit with the optometrist should have looked at the alignment of your eyes. It is possible that something could have developed since then. Generally headaches related to your vision will get worse throughout the day and be much better when you wake the next day. It is possible that the deviation that you are noticing is a symptom of something that is also causing your headaches. Here is a test to see if your eyes do not line up. In the doctors office, we would use an occluder but that is pretty much a big spoon so I think a tablespoon would work just fine. Here is the test:

Hold the spoon over one eye.

Pick an object at the end of the room.

Move the spoon to the other eye.

Move it back and forth several times.

It is normal for the object to appear to move from side to side a little bit. If it's moving up and down, that indicates the kind of misalignment that we are talking about. This is called a cover test. There is probably a video online if my instructions don't make sense to you.

Probably the least expensive option for you family would be to return to the optometrist that you had your last exam with. He will know what your eyes were like before this started happening. he will probably charge less than just about anyone else and he will make the appropriate referral if needed.

Tatiana asked in HealthOptical · 51 mins ago

I need advice?

If you have no obvious reason for your headaches (lack of sleep, dehydration, stress, head trauma, etc.) and they've been going on for several days, the right thing to do is see a doctor.  Either go back to the optometrist and or see your GP/family doctor.  

A week of headaches and weird eye stuff isn't nothing.  Even if it is allergies or something simple, you want to have a treatment to help minimize the pain, right?

Try and look up clinics either for a regular or eye doctor-in your area I don’t know about were you live but their usually super cheap for a check up($20)and if it’s nothing you’ll have peace of mind but if it is something at least you possibly caught it early and can be treated before the worst happens

• Andy C

Here's a good rule to follow: see a doctor when something is wrong or painful and that persists or gets worse.

Money doesn't grow on trees, but neither do you. At some point you need to take care of you.