Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 1 month ago

What does a BB gun do? What is its' main purpose?

• Rick
    Best Answer

When I was about 8 my bb gun's main purpose during late spring and early summer was to keep birds out of mom's strawberry patch.

• 3 days ago

The BB gun was invented in 1834 by Alphonse B.B. Zeltzer of Hanau, Germany. He built it as a weapon for the militia as a low-cost rifle that could not be detected by it's report. After arming the Malitia of Hess he realized that it was a totally ineffective weapon. After this, he went broke and wound up living the rest of his life in a lunatic asylem. In 1896 the BB gun started to be bought by parents as a "first gun" to teach children gun safety and it later became a toy as it is today.

They are a low grade pellet gun. Get a pellet rifle it will be much more effective.

They were developed primarily to be used by the Shah of Iran against raging camels during mating season.

I shot myself with a BB gun once.

A BB gun is primarily for practicing the learning of a gun. It will kill birds and it will kill squirrels. But very few people subsist off of eating squirrels and birds the BB gun is mostly to teach a person how to fire a gun or rifle.

it hits stuff without killing them

Target practice or a low cost but effective killing device / gun. Their a bb guns like plastic or metal and they're are metal pellets