I am 32 years old an have a blood sugar of 114 is that ok ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Stay physically active. Exercise can lower your blood sugar and help you maintain a healthy weight. Diabetes is definitely not to be taken lightly!

• Shay
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If that is a fasting test, then it is a little too high and you should probably discuss your concerns with a doctor.

If that is a random test taken at any other time of the day, then the reading is just fine.

A fasting test should be between 75 to 99.  (that is 8 to 10 hours without food or drink)

A test taken at two hours after a meal should be below 140.

A random test taken at any other time would be normal if it is between 80 to 120.  

• 1 month ago

I assume that it was nonfasting so as long as it is under 200 it is fine

Fasting it should be under 100

• Was the test done by a doctor? Is that a fasting number or a random number?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • zeno
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don't know but cut your sugar intake to

A few items once a day. I have one package

Of mounts dark chocolate ( two pieces inside )

And one fiber one oatmeal cookie a day. That

Is it. Both have natural beneficial things in them

But a little unhealthy sugar. Sugar causes cravings that push people to over eat and gain

Weight. So avoid it if you can. I only drink

Bottled water a one or two gasses of milk

A week. Keep everything in moderation.

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Fasting blood sugars have little to do with with the amount of sugar consumed the previous day.

• 1 month ago

That's a bit high you're eating too much junk food and drinking too many sugar drinks and putting down too many beers. Back off on the sugary drinks and junk food.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's something to keep an eye on. Your doctor has presumably called you (or will do so this week) to discuss your lab results.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A fasting blood sugar level below 100 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) — 5.6 millimoles per liter (mmol/L) — is considered normal. A fasting blood sugar level from 100 to 125 mg/dL (5.6 to 7.0 mmol/L) is considered prediabetes. ... A fasting blood sugar level of 126 mg/dL (7.0 mmol/L) or higher indicates type 2 diabetes.Aug 2, 2017

- google.

i would consult your doctor. change your diet. exercise more.

• 1 month ago

it´s fine because sugar is healthy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.