Could someone be antisocial, not have any friends, and have a really good job?

Yup. You can pull it off or work for yourself.

• Jeff T

NFL punter would be one job.

Yes, but you have to at least be fully capable of interacting with and working with others. Outside of work, I'm not too social and I have very few friends who I hardly ever see but at work I interact and get along with everyone just fine.

Of course, if they are very talented at something and very very smart. Painter, musician, software developer, etc. However in business it is very good to nurture friendships with people so they will help you out (circumvent red tape or keep you posted on items of concern) and it isn't that difficult to do - listen when people are talking and see if there are any interests in common and make conversation about hobbies etc. You will find most people are receptive to sharing common interests.

Being stand-offish, arrogant, etc will not be detrimental if you have great skills but people tend to avoid those personalities and will not have your back when things go south, toss you under the bus is more like it but because of superior skills it is often ignored/tolerated by management.

• Yes

Yeah, you'd be a great manager.

• JJ

Yes you are the ideal manager.