Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

Should employers be required to provide paid maternity leave?

If so, for how long?

85 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, not specifically. Maternity leave should fall under the same guidelines as any other healthcare leave. Once an employee uses up their paid leave they should be (and are) eligible for unpaid leave under the FMLA.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

And under FMLA rules, all an employer has to do for an employee who has used up all their paid sick leave & vacation time & then wants to take maternity leave, is guarantee that the employee will have a job waiting (but maybe not the SAME job as before) when she returns from maternity leave.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

this will be a good plan for you when you are an employer everyone will want to work for you ..... as long as you stay in business

• 4 months ago

NO... They should not have to pay not ONE PENNY... ZERO... The employer is not the one who got laid and got her pregnant.. Employer should have to pay NOTHING.

• Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Where does it end?  Eventually, employers will be required to pay your rent, buy your groceries, wipe your butt...

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

nah i dont think 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

It can ruin a business;whereas, babies are necessary to our society as a whole because they are our future citizens. I believe that this is a VALID use for our nation's resources, instead of forking over billions to Jihadi Hadjis and shooting it off into outer space. We as a country should pay for maternity leave for our own citizens who are producing our new citizens. This is real, this is valid. There is more reason to support our own people than there is to support Pakistan, for instance.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

IF YOU can not afford a child then do not have them.  WHY in the holy hell should your employer have to pay for you spreading your legs and getting knocked up?

If it is a negotiated benefit fine but just because in not a very good reason.  Isn't it good enough your freaking job is held and being done by everyone else so YOU can have a child YOU can not afford!

What could you possibly learn that would be any different if I gave you my full name?  So you could harass me every time I reply to others.

• goeers20014 months agoReport

First off show who you are, second it takes two to make a baby. So grow up or shout up.

• 4 months ago

NO your employer did't fk you

• Manny
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

But he will fück you over if he doesn't, LOL.

Your employer can be a "her," you know.

• 4 months ago

No. They shouldn't be forced to pay for something like that seeing as how this world is already grossly overpopulated

• Manny
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

That's not true: https://youtu.be/27Ktr1mxP2g

• 4 months ago

NO. An employer should have the right to decide what benefits they will provide for their employees. If the employees don't like the benefits offered, they don't have to work there. The two parties have the option to negotiate. Why should an employer be forced to pay for a woman's choice to get pregnant in the first place, unless he helped her get that way?

• Bill
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No, that would violate the employers contractual rights and property rights.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.