Boyfriend says I look obnoxious when I speak french because it's a snobbish and posh language. Is that true?

I alsp have this stereotype about french people, the language sounds sophisticated and the way they behave looks like really middle class too. A bit snob I would say. Sorry but its just the way it souds. Sometimes when I speak it, it sounds to me like a really melodic, beautiful and delicate language. But to my... show more I alsp have this stereotype about french people, the language sounds sophisticated and the way they behave looks like really middle class too. A bit snob I would say. Sorry but its just the way it souds. Sometimes when I speak it, it sounds to me like a really melodic, beautiful and delicate language. But to my boyfriend sounds too snobbish and posh. When I was talking to some french tourists, surprised that I spoke french, he said I sounded exactly like them and that it made me look different. Like the language changed me. Can it be true, that the language one speaks affects ita behaviour and personality?