What's would be the place of origin of the fictional surname Mountweazel?

I'm writing a fake biography of the fictional American photographer Lillian Virginia Mountweazel. I want to start by briefly touching on her family history but I can find no instances in the real world of anyone with the last name Mountweazel so I don't know where her family came from? If Mountweazel was a real surname then based on other similar surnames what region of the world would it come from?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Kevin7
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

it sounds Germanic in origin.

• 4 weeks ago

Isle of YourImagination. Surnames have LANGUAGE origins, and they will tell you very little, if anything about a person's genealogy or family history, especially when it comes to fictional stories.

• 1 month ago

A hilly area where one would find large numbers of rodents and the mink-like animals that preyed on them.

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

this would probably be a name translated into its English language equivalent. So "mount" in whatever language + the same language's equivalent of weasel or similar animal. Of course, most cultures assign various human characteristics to many animal species, so the name could simply mean the family's origin was a man (or woman if matriarchy) living on a mount and having personal characteristics the local culture assigned to weasels, which need not be the same as those Americans associate with the animal.

Since its fiction, have fun inventing

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No word used as a surname fictional or otherwise informs anyone of a country, all words come from language origins, so as 'mount' and weasel' are English words it 'could be' fro any one of the countries where English was/is spoken, so three quarters of the worlds countries

• 1 month ago

Weasel is an English word, so her origin would be English.

• Tina
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Realistically, no one is likely to be called Mountweasel, so you can make up anything you like.

• 1 month ago

Illegal immigrants from Mountweezilstan (a tiny state between Peru and Nepal)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.