Damian asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

is bonzi buddy a real malware? or is it just a virus?

I never heard bonzi buddy in my life.

Bad things happened when I installed it in my computer 15 years ago. Yes, It's malware.

Bonzi buddy is classified more as a potentially unwanted program it's not a virus because it doesn't multiply it could be classified as malware but it's more or less a potentially unwanted program.

• In

BonziBuddy doesn't exist anymore.

"Some versions of the software were described as spyware[4] and adware.[5] BonziBuddy was discontinued in 2004 after the company behind it faced lawsuits regarding the software and was ordered to pay fines.[6] Bonzi's website remained open after the discontinuation of BonziBuddy, but was shut down at the end of 2008.[7]

In April 2007, PC World readers voted BonziBuddy the 6th on a list named: "The 20 Most Annoying Tech Products". One reader was quoted as criticizing the program because it "kept popping up and obscuring things you needed to see".[8]"

It seems to be a malware. You can find it out in a anti- virus library.

I have never heard of bonzi buddy. Give me some information.