Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Why do elderly people NEVER remember or write down USERNAMES and PASSWORDS?

When I am forced to fix computer problems for one of my elderly family members, the biggest stumbling block for me, is always that they NEVER remember... or at LEAST, write down their usernames and passwords somewhere.

Why can't elderly people do this?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably because everyone knows that writing down your username and password is a security risk. People have been trained for decades not to do this.

I use software to do it. Keepass is a good open source option.

• 1 month ago

I keep a record in a book.

• A C
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I write them down but then I can't remember where I put them.

• 1 month ago

Yes, that is SO annoying. I'm an 'elderly' and find that making notes on my smartphone are much more likely to be found again than if they go on random scraps of paper which get put 'somewhere safe'.

Username and Password bloat has now reached ridiculous levels and should be stopped. Finger print and Iris scans are better. Texting a random code to a cellphone and having the person input that is not too bad. But there should be a special place in hell too for software writers and developers who assume everyone is 10 years old with a good memory and a will to bother to do anything right now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

why are their no good questions from you seniors

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I am 70, i know all my passwords, and i never have to write them down, my son is 47 and is always forgetting his, so please do not generalise.

• Jeremy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I have never written down passwords. They are in my head so that, when someone else needs to use it, I type it in for them. I give my passwords to NO-ONE.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I know what you mean, it's very frustrating.

and those who do write them down,

can't remember where they put it.

• Emdog
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Asking generalized undigested questions such as this bit of nonsense just makes geezers even less respecting of young fools who don't think before they post.

• 1 month ago

cause theyre older and dont remember to do it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.