Why do Americans think that the Chinese Communist party is a tyrannical regime that oppresses everyone?

Update:

I have lived and worked in China for over 2 years and love it there. China is a wonderful country all thanks to the Chinese Communist Party. You can travel to any major city in China within 8 hours via a comfortable high-speed train and they have the best military parades. Their social insurance program is much better than Social Security as it allows you to save up to buy a house when you retire. Best thing is that protests are not allowed and I am not bothered by election every 4 years.

Update 2:

I would love the US government to be just like the Chinese Communist Party. The USA needs a high-speed rail system. It needs a better social insurance program and a society that encourages small businesses.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • humpty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

Maybe the video of Chinese police gassing democracy protestors in Hong Kong, or perhaps the way the Chinese government incarcerate the Falun Gong and sells their organs. I never, ever invest in China.

• 1 month ago

Because that is what they have been taught in schools, read in newspapers that are biased or told by the American government. The Chinese communist government is far less dictatorial than many fascist military dictatorship governments that the US supports, or has supported.

• 1 month ago

That is because it is a communist regime that oppresses everyone. It doesn't allow free speech. If you speak negatively against them as a citizen, you are jailed or even killed. You can't access the internet without it being censored. You don't have rights in a communist regime.

• 1 month ago

They just recently shot a 14 year old protestor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is the awful truth.

• java
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because it has a history of being a tyrannical regime that oppresses everyone.. oh, and their president just made himself President-for-Life!

• Bill
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Haven't all Chinese  leaders  since Mao been  presidents  for  life?

• 1 month ago

History knows much more than you do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.