what is the difference between ukuele and guitar?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

An ukulele is smaller and has fewer strings. The grips are therefore different to make the same tones as a guitar.

• 1 month ago

Chjnnnxzzzzzxjkknnbcxxx

• 1 month ago

They are much different in size and sound

• 1 month ago

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

ukuleles are smaller and have 4 strings guitars are bigger and have 6 stings

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

Ukuleles generally have four strings all of which are made out of nylon. They come in a variety of sizes but all sizes use the nylon strings to retain that classic ukulele sound. Guitars, on the other hand, generally have six strings that are most often steel strings although classical guitar use nylon strings. The four strings on the ukulele are tuned the same as the first four strings on the guitar so that it's fairly simple to go back and forth between ukulele and guitar.

To me, and I admit that this is entirely subjective on my part, a ukulele sounds like a toy instrument while the guitar sounds like a genuine instrument. Many people start off on the ukulele since it's a bit simpler to learn and then eventually graduate to the guitar which is a good thing to do. Conversely many people start on the ukulele and are perfectly happy with that and stay on the ukulele. I would recommend learning the guitar.

Source(s): Playing guitar and ukulele for 57 years
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ukuleles are much smaller, and sound differently.

• 2 months ago

Marshall amps don’t like ukuleles.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ukulele has 4 strings and is about the size of a violin. Guitar has 6 strings (A 12 string and a bass guitar excluded).

• 2 months ago

About 2 strings

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.