Jay asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

If a rat can climb up high into the attic, what can stop it from climbing into my bed while I am in a deep sleep and not aware of anything?

• Laura

The main thing keeping the rat away from you in your sleep is you.

Most wild rats don't like people, and won't want to be super close to them unless they have to be.

I really doubt it’s THAT desperate.

Try putting that traps on the floor around your bed. That'll stop it, if you're lucky. Really nothing can stop a determined rat. They are good climbers and also surprisingly good jumpers.

• Nathan

Not much, actually. Unless your bed offers no grip it may climb up there. The chances are unlikely though because they do avoid unfamiliar scents because they know that they may be injured or killed by you

Not a thing, it even happens,,just not often.

Mainly the fact that it will be scared to stay so close to a huge and possibly predatory tailless biped.

The cat brought a mouse to my bed once, and placed it in my hand.  I woke up vaguely thinking, "Why is there a live mouse in my hand?"  So I carefully got up and carried it to the open window and it flew from my hand to the grass.  And I told the cat not to do that anymore.

That is the only time a wild rodent has gotten into my bed.  

• TB12

The dog sleeping at the foot of your bed.

It's got taste........................

Not a single thing. Sleep well.

Fear and lack of interest.

• Anon1 month agoReport

I knew a guy who slept in a sleazy hotel one night. Woke up with rat standing on his chest, Staring..