Jay asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

If a rat can climb up high into the attic, what can stop it from climbing into my bed while I am in a deep sleep and not aware of anything?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The main thing keeping the rat away from you in your sleep is you.

Most wild rats don't like people, and won't want to be super close to them unless they have to be.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I really doubt it’s THAT desperate.

• 1 month ago

Try putting that traps on the floor around your bed. That'll stop it, if you're lucky. Really nothing can stop a determined rat. They are good climbers and also surprisingly good jumpers.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Not much, actually. Unless your bed offers no grip it may climb up there. The chances are unlikely though because they do avoid unfamiliar scents because they know that they may be injured or killed by you

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Not a thing, it even happens,,just not often.

• 1 month ago

Mainly the fact that it will be scared to stay so close to a huge and possibly predatory tailless biped.

The cat brought a mouse to my bed once, and placed it in my hand.  I woke up vaguely thinking, "Why is there a live mouse in my hand?"  So I carefully got up and carried it to the open window and it flew from my hand to the grass.  And I told the cat not to do that anymore.

That is the only time a wild rodent has gotten into my bed.  

• TB12
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The dog sleeping at the foot of your bed.

• 1 month ago

It's got taste........................

• 1 month ago

Not a single thing. Sleep well.

• 1 month ago

Fear and lack of interest.

• Anon1 month agoReport

I knew a guy who slept in a sleazy hotel one night. Woke up with rat standing on his chest, Staring..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.