Why is there an Iowa climate march?

What are they protesting, agriculture?

• david

What is most corn used for? I don't know, but I will guess that a hugh amount goes to making alcohol to be mixed with gasoline. Can you buy gas with no alcohol mixed in it? So maybe that is what they are protesting. When the 'gasahol' (as it was called when it 1st came out) started being sold I did a little math and my gas mileage with the gasahol was less than my gas mieleage with real gasoline. Now we are burning more gasahol for every mile we drive which makes a larger 'carbon footprint'. Maybe all that is tied in somehow.

• Infinity
      1 month agoReport

Corn needs CO2 to grow. As a result, there's no net gain in CO2.

I imagine that climate concerns might be of interest to farmers if it can affect their livelihood or that of future generations.

Brainwash a kid, and anything can happen. Democrats love to victimize school kids. Exploitation!

Greta Thunberg to join Iowa City climate protest, started by a middle school student

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/10...

Source(s): bisexual Christian

Iowa and Nebraska are corn competitors