Do senior citizens use the discounts that are offered by businesses?

An off-price department store in my area offers shoppers who are age 55 or older a 10-percent discount on merchandise, when customers shop there on Tuesdays.

A popular chain restaurant offers diners who are age 60 or older a discount on their meal, while movie theaters in my area offer attendees who are at least age 62 a discount on admission tickets.

In addition, there are other businesses in my area that offer discounts to customers who are at least age 65 or older.

Being age 70, I do use the discounts that are offered by businesses. If a business does not advertise a discount for senior citizens, I always ask if such a discount is available.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • M P A
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I've never seen a shop like that in the U.K. but if I did I would certain use it if it were selling items that I needed and would normally buy. Discounts are always appreciated when we have to make our funds stretch ever further each time there is a price increase.

• Peggy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I'm not aware of any such discounts from businesses in U.K. but I'd use them if they were for items I would normally buy. I am not tempted to buy something different just because the price is discounted. I'd have to have heard several recommendations for a product to buy it.

• 2 months ago

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Very often they "don't want charity!" Not realising they have paid tax all their life so entitlements are not charity. My almost 90 year old grandmother refused a new roof, new windows and new central heating, all free to be installed in her rented property. Then to stop them giving her more "charity" she bought the house from the landlord with her savings. It's crazy how some old folk think and it is a lot of them because the British government forced winter fuel payments on pensioners because so many refused to claim it, my Grandmother was one of those people too.

• 2 months ago

Senor's coffee at McDonalds and senior's dinners at Golden Corral. I ask for senior discounts at garage sales, but they just laugh at me!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, if it means the lowest price. A 25% coupon is no good if I can by the same product elsewhere for less.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I use them, why not it saves some money.

• 2 months ago

why waste time on discounts ...what good is that

• ted
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Discounts means saving money for senior citizens who live on a fixed income

• 2 months ago

If it sounds good, I would take it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hell no. Those corporations only want to track seniors and sell their information.

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes of course they do, word spreads quickly.  

• Liz
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Yes, I try to take advantage of discounts as much as possible. LOL, saves a few bucks. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.