Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 month ago

How come people like joker more than Batman ?

He is the bad guy 

• olivia
    Best Answer

People like the Joker as in they are fascinated by him. That is not the same as "liking him" liking him. They do not adore him, they do not idolize him (they = the majority, there are gotta be psychopaths who actually do).

And the reason is that character is pretty compelling. He is not an ordinary human being (despite what they would have you believe). He does not kill people for reasons other people usually kill people for. He doesn't want your money. He just wants to do his personal, little dance of madness. He wants to aid the universe in its ultimate goal by slowly dismantling everything order and making way for chaos.

He has been around for decades, and has been crazy from the get go. And somehow, over the years, the writers have not only managed to maintain the crazy, they have regular succeeded in one-upping it.

He has had, over the years, had many opportunities to kill the Batman. But he won't do it. That's not what he wants. In fact, he wants quite the opposite. He wants Batman TO KILL HIM. That would be his ultimate victory - utterly breaking down the Dark Knight, or at least his moral compass.

He has regularly been touted as the greatest villain of all time in comics. And you don't get that title easily.

• Zorro
      1 month agoReport

The movie does a pretty good job answering these questions... more than I thought it would.

One is a well written Villain and one is a Rich Man who is almost good at everything. In my opinion the Joker is more interesting while Batman is more Iconic.

That wouldn't be me, though I don't mind delving into any number of characters to get a better understanding of their motivations, and back story. I'm not a fan of the villains though... so movies like Suicide Squad did absolutely nothing for me. It was very superficial feeling to me... and that seems to be the same route that the new Birds of Prey movie is taking too. It's just not that intellectually deep, just a couple punks getting together to do things that punks do

he is very charismatic and charming in a crazy way! xD

Because he a cool villian

He was good at the beginning. 

• David

The bad guys are always more interesting. Darth Vader, Loki, Hannibal Lecter, Kylo Ren, etc... People are fascinated with the darker side of human nature because most of us never get to experience it and we can get a glimpse of it through those characters.

• Lôn

People like the Riddler, Penguin etc??