Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 2 months ago

I have to listen to the Unsolved Mysteries theme song to calm me down when angry. Normal or not normal?

Whenever I'm angry the song calms me down or I listen to the X Files theme or The Omen theme song... Why? I'm a nice person but when someone gets me mad or says the wrong thing I need to listen to these songs.

• Brian
    Best Answer

You find it relaxing and calming. Me, if I get really mad; I have to listen to some Twisted Sister music to calm me down.

If that's what you find relaxing you find it relaxing, chill out I listen to theme tunes from tv shows to calm me down sometimes. It's NORMAL.

"Music calms the savage beast."

It is very normal to me

• mars

Maybe hearing the Flatted-fifth tritones ('Diabolus in Musica') resolving in those songs alleviates your negative energy.

its normal to listen to tunes when you need to simmer down...or when ur in a good mood....or if u've had a breakup etc*..........what songs You Choose to help you through whatever emotion you're feeling is up to You...it's not hurting anybody so ENJOY*........n if those songs simmer u down when ur angry..then crank it up n enjoy*

I think that your emotions are mirrored in the music - and you know the music will end, or fade away - and so will your bad mood.

Source(s): Music Theorist/teacher.

it is normal to listen to music you like in high tension situations,

anger sadness, etc.

music is by nature very emotional.

so what its a specific theme? you have connection to it that i do not and thus i have no objection i can give you over this.

Normal. @Colin Kaepernick

its because you're straight up a huge nerd