In this current music industry is there a higher percentage of bad to mediocre songs now or lets say 35 - 45 years ago for quality ?

Is there more mediocrely bad to bad songs by percentage to good music of what being put out into public in the last 5 -10 years or is there more bad music by percentage to good music from 1975 to 1985 or so then .

Is there a lot of high quality music and songs being made now era .

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

I think with such vague guidelines, it'd be impossible to adequately answer your question. Personally, I think that the era of inventive and creative music is gone as long as the music industry exists in its current state. Today, many mainstream musicians don't develop a distinctive sound and a distinctive stage persona, nor do they completely write their own material. A label doesn't need to find a complete package anymore. All they need to do is find the proper bits and pieces and cobble them together. Find someone who write lyrics, find another person who can write the music, hire some people to serve as the musicians and find a good looking person with a decent singing voice. Now you have your act and nobody seems to care. Sure, the labels have always done that, but today, with the rise of social media, anybody can get noticed and they don't have to leave their homes first. The era of the starving artist with a hard work ethic and a refusal to settle for less than what they're worth is over. Mass-production and cheap music is the new way.

• 2 months ago

theres alot of rap out now and basically all of it is bad but if you don't count rap there is some really good music coming out

• 2 months ago

There seems to be more uninteresting music, yes.

• 2 months ago

Your question is very confusing and poorly written. As for your last question ("Is there a lot of high quality music and songs being made now era"), in my opinion there is plenty. I don't know about "a lot" because that's not a specific quantity. Also, what standards should be used to determine whether something is "high quality" or not? Each person's opinion of what's good? People being able to sing without autotune and hitting the right notes? Complex instrumentals? Etc.?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Henry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

What measure are you using to tell whether a song is "bad", "mediocre", "mediocrely bad", "good", or "high quality"? And my spell check isn't recognizing "mediocrely".

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

most music being made now is crap

most music made 35-45 years ago... was crap

the difference is, over the past 35-45 years, the crap that was made back then, has generally been forgotten. when you think about music back then, what you tend to remember now, is the stuff that was actually good.

it's a dead certainty, that if you could go back to that time, you would find all kinds of people back there, complaining about how "there's no good music any more like there was a long time ago...," just as you're doing now here.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.