Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastUnited Arab Emirates · 1 month ago

Is it safe to travel to Dubai alone as a female?

I’m 25 and I haven’t been on a holiday for years. I’ve got nobody to go with and I’ve decided to go to a busy city. Would u say it’s normal?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Cloth yourself properly.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is a very safe city to travel to even for single females. But it’s not a very interesting city to visit unless you are a Muslim. I’m a Muslim women and I travelled around Spain and Portugal by myself. I had a great time and I felt safe in those countries. I would advice you to travel around Andalusia, Spain. It’s so much more interesting then Dubai. I went to Seville, Córdoba and Granada. I had an amazing time and it’s steeped in so much history.

• 1 month ago

Quite safe--it is a very disciplined place.

• 1 month ago

NO Muslim country is safe .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's safer than most similar places, but I'm not sure why a single woman would want to go there.  They aren't very respectful toward women.  There are a lot of interesting places to go without the associated hassles. 

• Mintee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes, but expensive....

• H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, Dubai is very safe to travel to. Most answers to your question never visited Dubai, while I live here. As long as you follow local laws.

As a single female, you should take into consideration: when getting a cab, always sit in the back. Have small AED notes on you.

Never get drunk in public.

Dress decent..

• 1 month ago

From the experience of a friend of mine that recently visited w her mother: I don't recommend it.

Dubai doesn't offer much but lots of stores that you can find anywhere else in the world. It's not even a city w an interesting historic past. Add all the restrictions that you have as a woman, and you have the perfect recipe for a boring vacation.

Even if you are white and foreigner, you are obligated to follow the laws in Dubai. No booze, no hook ups, nothing that can violate the Sharia law.

Find another city to visit and go there.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why Dubai?  What does Dubai have other places do not have that you want to see?

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

there's potential for crime everywhere. do your research on places that are safe to visit, take precaution like anyone else, and you'll be fine. you can relax and have fun, but keep your guard up. don't accept drinks from anyone, opened items, etc. i'm not saying everyone will spike a drink, but keep it in mind as it's a possibility.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.