al asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 month ago

When arranging the food on your plate, does everything have to be separated, or is it okay for your food to touch?

Best Answer

separate everything and 3 forks

Lolllllllllllllllllll

It's OK for most things to touch, though I generally serve vegetables in a separate bowl.

• denise

Your plate, your choice,

Personally I like food placed on the plate so you can see all the elements, though I dont mind a little overlap, but not all piled in a heap.

• Sparky

It's ok for them to touch, but I like them to be arranged around the plate, not just all heaped on top of another food.

I like to mix them myself as I wish, while I eat.

For example, I love dipping my mashed potato in cooked peas and corn kernels, and it helps pick them up on the spoon / fork.

I don't notice such things like that. The only thing I do when at a restaurant is to ensure the piecemeal I have to cut (usually the meat) is on my side of the plate so that I can get at it with a knife and fork for cutting. Other than that, I don't care how the food is laid out.

For me it depends. I dont care if my potatoes touch my green beans for example but I hate it when they touch my salad.

I'm not picky and don't care.

it touches in my belly

I'm ok with my food touching with a few exceptions such as:

Syrup should not touch eggs and Ice cream should not be on top of the cake.

I'm really not a fan of pouring sauces on food that can run all over the plate unless it's a one dish meal like pasta. I'm definitely someone who makes a well in my mashed potatoes for the gravy as opposed to pouring gravy all over the plate.