Do you think I’m about to be laid off tomorrow?

My boss got fired 2 weeks ago. Well her position was terminated but the upper management dispised her. I work at a different location than upper management. My boss said we’ll be fine but they have been distant to us lately. Finally got an email from my boss saying we’re gonna be meeting tomorrow morning and I’m terrified of getting laid off. Maybe she’ll be explaining my new role? They’ve been acting funny. They love me though but I know that’s not always enough. Financially they are very well off if that helps.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

No... you're about to collect unemployment insurance

• Trish
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

You may get moved around and take on more responsibility.

• B
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

no, you are probably being given more work for the same pay. only to find out is to show for the meeting.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I did not care 2 days ago and I do not care now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Np way to mow until the meeting. good luck

• 10 months ago

Anything from a promotion to termination...who knows...

• Nunya
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

Don't assume anything. Go to work tomorrow and act as neutral as possible. If you get the jitters or want to rage/cry, then do it now. Tomorrow take a cold shower before you go to work. Sing songs while you drive to work to raise your spirits. Whatever happens, you should be able to keep your **** together for a while after your meeting.

• 10 months ago

Sounds like the company has issues. If they are doing a drastic layoff, start looking around.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

You may be about to be promoted.

• 10 months ago

Don't have much input but I hope everything works out for you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.