Do you think I’m about to be laid off tomorrow?

My boss got fired 2 weeks ago. Well her position was terminated but the upper management dispised her. I work at a different location than upper management. My boss said we’ll be fine but they have been distant to us lately. Finally got an email from my boss saying we’re gonna be meeting tomorrow morning and I’m terrified of getting laid off. Maybe she’ll be explaining my new role? They’ve been acting funny. They love me though but I know that’s not always enough. Financially they are very well off if that helps.

No... you're about to collect unemployment insurance

• Trish

You may get moved around and take on more responsibility.

• B

no, you are probably being given more work for the same pay. only to find out is to show for the meeting.

I did not care 2 days ago and I do not care now.

• Judy

Np way to mow until the meeting. good luck

Anything from a promotion to termination...who knows...

• Nunya

Don't assume anything. Go to work tomorrow and act as neutral as possible. If you get the jitters or want to rage/cry, then do it now. Tomorrow take a cold shower before you go to work. Sing songs while you drive to work to raise your spirits. Whatever happens, you should be able to keep your **** together for a while after your meeting.

Sounds like the company has issues. If they are doing a drastic layoff, start looking around.

You may be about to be promoted.

Don't have much input but I hope everything works out for you