Is there a way to use a trumpet/mellophone mouthpiece on a french Horn?

I recently got my hands on a mellophone which only uses french Horn mouthpieces. It plays great! But I can’t get the same tone that I would get using my Hammond or Bach mouthpieces. And I was wondering if there were any adapters out there that I can use be able to use those mouthpieces on this mellophone. Hopefully there is!

• Mike

Al Cass made a "doubling mouthpiece" that fit into a trumpet and had a rim like a trombone mouthpiece. I don't know if they make what you need.

Go to Yahoo Groups. Find a horn list (or mellophone list?) and choose one that has the most activity/members. Ask there. You are not going to get a decent response HERE - unless one of the previous horn experts return ( and most expert left, or are leaving - this place is sinking deeper into the mud every day . . )

Found this - for people LIKE YOU - horn AND mellophone. There is a Geek Meet for everyone, it seems. Good luck.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/search?query=mellopho...

• husoski
      1 month agoReport

Did you look at the hits in that query? No activity since July 2016. Groups is deader than Answers!