eleanor asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

Is there anything I can spray on wood molding to stop my cockatoo from chewing on them?

Go to the pet shop and find a good book on Cockatoos, it should help you. Your bird is bored and those birds like to chew, walnuts in the shell, wooden bird sticks from a pet shop, do not try using a branch fro an outside tree, it could poison it. Stimulation, more toys, a large cage that has a top it can climb out and perch and play with more toys, music, talking to it, playing with it, they are like a 2 year old child and need companionship from you.

Parrots naturally chew just try keep him away from it and give him other things to chew

Nope. Anythi g that will stop a cockatoo chewi g wood ix likely to be poisonous.

Best option is to provide suitable branches (safe timber, bark on) for it to chew instead.

You could try Bitter Apple from the pet store.  That usually works, but I don't guarantee what your cockatoo will think.

No.............