My teacher stole my phone?

So I was in mrs. Bowersox's class and she was teaching and I was using my phone because someone kept texting me and she snatched it from me and put it in her pocket and at the end of class I went up to her and asked for it back but she said no and that Im not getting it back and I assumed she was joking so the next day I went to her classroom and asked for it back and she once again said she isn't giving it back and I told her im reporting her and she said its my fault for using my phone and its been 2 weeks and I saw her giving her 5 year old son my phone in the teachers lounge and he was smashing it. please help this is a serious question. I talked to the principal about it but he said its my fault for using my phone but Isnt it still illegal it was 1000 dollars and they just took it

this is a serious question I need help

Best Answer

talk to the police about it

Since obviously some people would rather troll and/or accuse the OP of not being serious, I've decided to answer this.

First, while I agree that anyone should not be using phones during class time unless it's an emergency, and the teacher DOES have a right to take such objects away. Especially if they have a NO PHONES DURING CLASS policy (Most schools have this). However, that phone is still someone else's property and said teacher must give the phone back to either the student.. or their parents if said student is a (repeat offender). The teacher may NOT regardless of circumstances keep a students property (unless it's something dangerous like a weapon). That would be theft of personal property. Teachers are not law enforcement. They are there to teach, and even be a guide. Also, the student has not broken any laws (however, the teacher will have if she does not return your mobile).

If it has been 2 weeks and your phone still has not been returned, first discuss this situation with your parents if you haven't done so already. They should have been the first ones you told. And they should be escalating this. Especially if said teacher is letting her 5 year old handle your phone and smack it around. While I agree it IS YOUR FAULT for using phones in class, she does NOT have a right to keep (and allow her kid to destroy) it. She should he held liable if anything happens to it.

go to the counselor and see if you can retrieve it. Go to the police and talk to them if they give you the run around.

It is on the for the year borrowing policy...or did you not read that in the schooling instructions? You got books for a year, she gets your phone for a year.

• Joe

I am Mr. Bowersox.  Your teacher is my wife.  We had quite a laugh over your cell phone over dinner and wine that evening !  Please ask you mum to buy you another $1,000 phone so she can smash that one too !!

Peal is so BRILLIANT she always has the BEST ANSWERS. But the five year old already smashed it so getting it back won't be much fun.

Please do not feed the “Teacher Stole My Phone” troll.

• Brian

She might be wrong, but you were a dumb@$$ in the first place for using it and getting caught.

I'm sure this is not a serious question, but if this is true what your teacher did was theft, you can create a police report on her

• bluebellbkk

Of course it's not a serious question. Phoebe specialises in silly fantasies about how mean and horrible all her teachers are.

good for you