Do you think this Trumpet is a good deal for 25 bucks at a thrift store. Brand is CONN come with case?

Best Answer

FOr $25 bucks, if the slides work - I would grab it. Worst scenario - it is a wall hanging. I had a friend in HS who found a beat up Schmitt horn in a pawn shop in Boston - $15. You never know. And I followed a listing on eBay a few years ago - a lady in Maine who cleans out houses and barns found "an old wooden flute" in a dirty case. She listed the maker - my EYES bugged out! I knew I would NEVER win it - even thought she started at $100 OBO. I followed the last hour, on a Sunday afternoon - it was a rare Boehm and Mendler handmade,from 1856 - and sold for THIRTY GRAND!!!!! I wrote her a nice note, telling her how happy I was for her. Then the next weekend, I was in NYC on flute business - saw a dealer I know - asked him if he saw the Boehm go down for $30K on ebay. He freaked out! He said he had collectors WAITING for one to come up - he s would have paid 40, and sold it the same day for 50!! How it got into a barn in Maine, is anybody's guess . . . the rest are in collections, museums, etc.

Your Conn trumpet/cornet is not that rare - but was a sturdy name back when. Again - send a serial, we will give you the year. Any marking ANYWHERE on the instrument will help us. But buy it - you can always sell it for the same or more.

• Mamianka
      4 weeks agoReport

Still a good deal. Go with the midst reliable place. For $125 you will end up with a decent trumpet! Great!

It depends on the condition of the trumpet which looks good from the photo. If it is in good condition, it's a good deal.

• Mike

Do the valves and slides work? Is there any writing on it, like a model name?