Please help!😭?

I’m 18 I live at home not in education and don’t work. Apparently to the council I earn 0.01p a week but expect me to pay 10.55 a week to live here. How am I going to pay this when I have no income at all, please help! I am currently looking for work at the moment.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

What is this based on / for?

Is it rent? Council tax?

• 2 months ago

WTF. PLEASE sign me up. They want you to pay ONLY 10.55 a week for housing.

Suggestion, get a job, any job.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Fast food and retail are always hiring.....

• 2 months ago

As you say you have 'no income' I presume that means you are not collecting JSA. So your parents must be in receipt of housing benefit with the council deducting this amount from the HB they get. The council has taken the view that, as you are not studying full time, you should be contributing a modest £10.55 a week towards your housing costs; approximately one hour of work a week.

As you (presumably) left school in June, what has taken you so long to see that you need to work? If I had been your parents I would have told you to either work or leave after a single month. My children all had paying summer jobs from the age of 14 onwards. Clearly having noses in the benefits trough runs in your family.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You try to help someone and the first thing you know they are complaining what are you going to do about all the other stuff I want/need?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have a hard enough time figuring out how to pay my own damn bills. Your bills are your problem.

Welcome to adulthood.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get off your lazy butt and find a job! The world DOES NOT owe you anything!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.