Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearXbox · 2 months ago

Will Xbox games eventually all be streaming only because of the discless xbox one they made?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

I hope not discs are cool

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

God I hope not.

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

they're pushing for that, especially since many laptops now have no disc drive.

but they will lose a ton of sales, since not everyone has internet. out in the boonies, we're lucky to have electricity...

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would expect that in five or ten years. maybe more. mortar stores are still doing fine selling physical copies, and even amazon and other sites you can buy discs as well.

but for those that don't like discs, lose them, break them, etc, streaming and digital only is an attractive option.

but, there's always the risk of the service shutting down, and you'll lose access to a lot of your media, unless they are stored on your console's hard drive. plus it's harder to lend games to friends and there's no resale value. unless they start doing renting options for games digital or more games with trials.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I mean eventually every game will be streamed on another form of reading other then a disc just becauase of how technology is going

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.