Do you think that I’m about to be laid off?

My bosses position got “eliminated” 2 weeks ago. Our company merged with another 2 years ago and I got hired out of college earlier this year. They honestly strongly disliked her. But I’m terrified because I still haven’t heard anything from corporate and I haven’t had any work to do... I decided to reach out to my higher up boss to see what the nexts steps regarding my position is since I don’t have a boss and she responded like I wasn’t supposed to know about my boss but like.... she’s gone. She said they wanted to be able to come to us in person to talk about everything and was really vague and secretive. I’m so anxious and cried after work because I will literally not be able to make it as I have no savings due to just making enough to cover all of my bills and no family support. Is it normal for the higher ups to be secretive or do you think they are unsure of where to place us? There’s only 3 of us in the location.

* * * S P A M * * *

Don't feed the troll.

Reported.

* * * S P A M * * *

Don't feed the troll.

Reported.

They might not know what they are going to do with the department. Or they may be looking for a new manager. Or they may be trying to figure out what to do, where to move, people who worked under the departed manager. They are not telling you anything because they don't know what they are going to do!

But you need a back-up plan for sure. Start looking for another job. Eliminate all non-essential spending. Save up some money to tide you over - just in case.

• Eva

Start planning for a lay-off. Save up some money, brush up your resume', and start looking at what else is available. It may happen that they offer you position in another location, or tell you your location is closing in a few months. You need to have a plan in place so that you can respond appropriately to whatever news you receive.

You may be facing a layoff. Start looking at job boards and sending out applications.

If none of you have work to do, that's a bad sign. Start looking for another job just in case.