Are the American people willing to travel to Iran? How do they see Iran as a country?

God! I am innocent,i have talk with American about any detail of it,they are but welcom(May be could not say!).

pollution, heroin, religious groups publicly harassing and beating women, poor roads, poverty - what not to miss

The Iranian government routinely arrests, kidnaps, and/or murders Americans who make the mistake of going there so no.

Most Americans know very little about Iran. Anthony Bourdain did a show in Iran, and it shows the Iranian people to be warm, welcoming, and open-minded.

No...liable to be arrested for spying

I wouldn't now. I did in 1975 and loved it. I know the Iranian people are not their government, but I also despise religious conservatives everywhere. Having said that, Iranians are progressive compared to illiterate Afghanis and corrupt Pakistanis. It's just not the right climate.