Is LPG powered vehicles are good in performance?

not as good performance wise as petrol, but when you have a V12 or a large V8 does it matter?

• BB

LPG is definitely a weenie when it comes to power, compared to gasoline.

This link uses Australian comparisons

https://www.allianz.com.au/car-insurance/news/the-...

“10 years ago LPG was ~44 per cent of the cost of unleaded per litre, today it is ~60 per cent. An LPG vehicle will generally consume about 25% more fuel than its petrol powered counterpartxii. Taking this into consideration, an LPG vehicle ten years ago was just over half of the fuel cost for a petrol engine vehicle of the same type. Today, making the same comparison, the relative cost of LPG is about 75% of that of petrol”

From a more direct observation, taxis (where I live) a decade ago where almost all LPG powered. Taxis keep a keen eye on fuel costs as it is a major business cost or them. Today LPG vehicles have been replaced with hybrids.

Yes, LPG is ecofriendly thats why LPG vehicle are good for us

• ron h

I'll look here tomorrow for a better answer than mine.  I kinda think not as good as gasoline.  I THINK gasoline is more "energy dense" than LPG.  But in my city buses uses natural gas which I'm sure is less energy dense. (but buses are NEVER very quick)