Is LPG powered vehicles are good in performance?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

not as good performance wise as petrol, but when you have a V12 or a large V8 does it matter?

• BB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

LPG is definitely a weenie when it comes to power, compared to gasoline.

• 1 month ago

This link uses Australian comparisons

https://www.allianz.com.au/car-insurance/news/the-...

“10 years ago LPG was ~44 per cent of the cost of unleaded per litre, today it is ~60 per cent. An LPG vehicle will generally consume about 25% more fuel than its petrol powered counterpartxii. Taking this into consideration, an LPG vehicle ten years ago was just over half of the fuel cost for a petrol engine vehicle of the same type. Today, making the same comparison, the relative cost of LPG is about 75% of that of petrol”

From a more direct observation, taxis (where I live) a decade ago where almost all LPG powered. Taxis keep a keen eye on fuel costs as it is a major business cost or them. Today LPG vehicles have been replaced with hybrids.

• 1 month ago

Yes, LPG is ecofriendly thats why LPG vehicle are good for us

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'll look here tomorrow for a better answer than mine.  I kinda think not as good as gasoline.  I THINK gasoline is more "energy dense" than LPG.  But in my city buses uses natural gas which I'm sure is less energy dense. (but buses are NEVER very quick)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.