If you were a homeowner selling ur home which would u choose? a contingent but conventional loan buyer or a FHA loan buyer no contingencies?

If you were a homeowner selling your home which has been on the market 45 days no bites had to lower ur price 30,000 and buyer A. came to you with an offer 1st but their offer was contingent upon them selling their home first. And buyer B. came to you 2nd with an offer that was an FHA loan with no-contingency and were already pre-approved for sellers price. The only difference being that buyer A .has a conventional loan, is asking for $2,500 more for the home, made their offer first,.....but is contingent upon their home selling. And buyer B whom has no -contingencies but has FHA loan.whom would u choose?

Buyer B has FHA loan and offered 2,500 less with no contingencies. Buyer A offered 2,500 more but is contingent upon their home selling and has a conventional loan. Who would u choose?

Best Answer

99% of the time I'd take offer B

$2500 difference is not worth squabbling over. The only way I would go with A, is if I knew there was something wrong with my house that would cause it to fail FHA inspection process

Contingencies are horrible....I would take the guarantee.

I would take B. FHA is no where near as hard as it used to be. Contingencies fall through all the time.

Source(s): Mortgage lender 33 years.

As a Realtor I would never let my seller accept an offer that was contingent upon the buyer selling their home!  That's an unknown.

Probably B. I could care less what type of loan they have.

• ron h

I don't remember--what's the downside for a seller if the buyer is using FHA?

• Simpson G.

They have super strict inspection/appraisal policies. They may also be more likely to tank if the buyer sneezes too loudly.

Not sure if they still take longer to close because of the added (or seemingly added) hoops.

• Judy

B.......................................................

• In

If I understand you correctly buyer A is offering $2500 more but has the contingency. If so, I would go with buyer B. There is no guarantee buyer A will sell their house, and every day you wait costs you more to keep up the mortgages on your old and new houses.

Buyer B has FHA loan and offered $2,500 less and their offer isnt contingent upon selling their home first?

Buyer B offered the same amount??

Certainty is valued by most people.

What value house? How bad do you want out? Will buyer A offer earnest money that they will buy within 4 months?