So many Beatle songs. But if you had to pick one, what would it be?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In what possible instance might I ever be forced to choose one above all the others? The Beatles must have somewhere around 300 songs to their credit, minimum - and that's if we're tallying up only those tracks which appeared on proper studio albums. In truth, there were probably many more than that. It would be difficult for me to pick a best album, never mind choosing a single song from their very extensive catalogue. Even the compilation of a Top Ten would be hard for me, so selecting only one song is basically impossible. 

Their music is so varied in terms of style and mood that any answer I might give would be wholly dependent on how I happened to be feeling at that particular moment. 

I know everybody always says that 'The White Album' and "Abbey Road" are the best Beatles records, and I can see why they get so much love, but I've listened to them so much over the years and I think that the stuff they did in the middle of their career, like "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band" holds up just as well. In fact, that was my very favourite Beatles record for many years. I think "Magical Mystery Tour" is probably their most underrated record. There's definitely some fluff there, but there's also a lot of really strong, if not outright brilliant material. 

When there's a Beatles song for practically every day of the year, it's not that it's impossible to choose just one, it's also that there's absolutely no reason to.  

The closest answer I could give would be "Paperback Writer", only because I was raised on The Beatles, and that was my favourite when I was a lad, and the very first Beatles song I learned to play on the guitar. It was way ahead of its time, and many of the rock musicians of later years would point to that track as being particularly memorable or influential. 

• ...Show all comments
    • TruthHurts5 months agoReport

TBH Paperback Writer is one of my least fav. I know where you're coming from. Btw, I think they had about 400 songs. You are correct that even a top ten would be very difficult. I just LOVE Penny Lane so if I had to choose one that's my pick. Can't go wrong w/ that. ✌🏼

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

"Anaconda"

• 4 months ago

Real Love. That song gets me in my feels.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

"Milkshake" or "My Heart Will Go On". Either one is just breathtaking. Their best works yet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Norwegian Wood (This bird has flown).

• 5 months ago

Yesterday is my favorite.

• 5 months ago

Penny Lane..............

• 5 months ago

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

• polly
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

A hard day's night

• 5 months ago

Revolution 9. gets me everytime

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.