Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 2 months ago

My daughter is a bully. How make her stop?

My daughter (12) started karate when she was six. The problem is that she uses this to bully her schoolmates, especially the boys. How can I make her stop?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

She needs more time at karate thqn school. Maybe she deprived of it.

• 4 weeks ago

Restrict her from doing things that she likes. Unless it has to do with school I also would not let her take anymore classes. Her karate instructor may help you with this.

• 1 month ago

When I caught one of my children bullying, I arranged playdates at our house with all those she had bullied. Punishing a bully makes them bully more, instead you want to solve the problem.

• 1 month ago

Remind her skills are not to be used unnecessarily violence is never the answer to as a protection get it under control now and remind her her skill is like a weapon but everyone don't fight fair knives guns are weapons too and carried often and everyone doesn't have natural affection or care she's under 18 handle it as such pray over matter talk to her about bullying that's not protecting herself that's abusing someone else .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If she's using her karate skills to bully other kids, sit down and have a talk with her about this. For example ask her why she's using her karate skills to bully other kids, she might have low self esteem and is taking it out on other children or she may have been traumatized and is using her karate skills destructively. Show her the episode of Hey Arnold called mugged if you can do that and then talk to her about why It's not good to use karate in a destructive manner and about what happened in the episode. Explain to her what will happen next time she uses her karate skills in a destructive manner again. This can be anything such as taking away her cell phone if she has one, telling her that she won't be going to an event that she wants to go to, or even banning her from one of her favorite attractions or activities.

Source(s): Hope I helped
  • 2 months ago

Often, the bully does not know how to relate to others and fails to understand the feelings of those he intimidates. He needs to be monitored and taught to communicate properly. The book Take Action Against Bullying says: “Unless new behaviors are learned and adopted, bullies continue to bully throughout their lifetime. They bully their mates, their children, and possibly their underlings in their place of business.”

Training children early in life to be empathetic can help to prevent them from turning into bullies. Educators in some lands are working with a new style of education called empathy training. The objective is to teach students as young as five years old to understand the feelings of others and to treat people with kindness. While there is yet little statistical data on the long-term impact, early results suggest that those who have gone through the training are less aggressive than those who have not.

As a parent, you should not leave such training entirely to some school program. If you do not want your child to become a bully, you need to teach him by word and by example how to treat others with respect and dignity.

The Bible contains what may be the most famous instruction ever given regarding how to show empathy. Jesus stated: “All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must likewise do to them.” (Matthew 7:12) Teaching children to embrace that Golden Rule—to love it and live by it—is not easy; it takes a good example, persistence, and hard work, particularly since young children are naturally self-centered. But all such effort is worthwhile. If your children learn to be kind and empathetic, they will find the very thought of bullying repulsive.

Source(s): goo.gl/YzuRqj
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Send her to a military school.

• 2 months ago

take away her priviledges till she learns to stop

• 2 months ago

Talk to her karate instructor. Marshal Arts should be used for self defense, not aggression and she should be being taught that.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Suck her into a bottle and refuse to uncork it until she promises to stop bullying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.