Is Ford much better than Chrysler?

Best Answer

Take a hint from the parent company of Chrysler: "Fix It Again Tony!".

Chrysler thanks to Lee got mixed up with Mitsubishi (recall champion of the world), reduced the engineering departments (power train departments). This undermined Chryslers reliability and cost them market share. They have not recovered from this and Fiat is not helping to solve the problem.

• Killmouseky
      1 month agoReport

on them "If I WAS driving a Chrysler product, I couldn't get here everyday to earn my bread & butter, a$$hole!"

As a stock investment, yes.

The 2005 to present Chrysler 300 rear-drive sedan (and Dodge counterpart) were based on a Mercedes chassis design, with Chrysler V6 or Hemi power. Friends who have them really like them. Likewise, the Chrysler Crossfire roadster/coupe were restyled Mercedes (and all German part$). All their other cars are/were scrap.......the Sebring/200 were attractively styled - but junk. Another friend of mine had a 200 that rusted-out in less than 2 years and was in the shop constantly. Once the word was out, sales tanked and Chrysler stopped making them. Apparently the Dodge Caravan and Chrysler Pacifica are great vehicles. Funny how the PT Cruiser (a rebodied Neon built in Mexico) was a reliable vehicle while the Neon (built in USA) was trouble prone.

In general, Ford vehicles are much, much more reliable. But they have made zero investment in keeping sedans up-to-date for many years (part of their plant to stop making any sedans - only the Mustang and SUVs/crossovers). They stopped making the Taurus in March 2019 - and it was virtually unchanged since 2005. The Fusion is a good car and owners like the, but due to be discontinued. BUT our last 5 brand new cars have been Fords . . . we keep them at least 100,000 miles and take good care of them - but not one has needed ANY repair while we owned them !!!!

No (Found On Road Dead) But, Things don't look good for Dodge and Chrysler

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/09/autos/fiat-chrysl...

I was in the Warranty Claims Administration for 14 Badges for 13 years. (two, Multi badge stores).

Ford is significantly better than Chrysler. But Honda and Toyota are better than Ford. I know this because, sadly, I own both.