promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

My sister is a bully. Does this mean she will always be one?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

People who are feeling confident and secure and have self respect don't feel a need to call people names, criticise, bully, shout, etc.

Bullies want attention, and my general feelings are that if people allow them to get their way through fear (the ultimate emotional reaction) they are succeeding and will continue. One way to combat verbal bullying is not to ignore them completely as this shows that they are getting to you, but demonstrate that you have heard the remark or whatever with a glance, dismissive wave or brief response ("oh yes", or similar) and THEN ignore them. Why should you care what such a pathetic person thinks of you? (Only weak and needy people feel a need to bully). Alternatively, or in addition, try to use some humour (U.K. spellings!). It need not be mocking humour, but some light-hearted banter can often diffuse situations.

Put on an imaginary suit of golden armour, and visualise the unkind remarks (or those you perceive to be unkind - be very careful not to imagine a slight when none is intended) as arrows, harmlessly bouncing off your armour and falling to the ground.

If the abuse is physical, you could join a martial arts or self defence class. Or even check out some moves on Youtube. Learn to defend yourself without retaliating.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • DIEGO.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

this is a good question!

• 6 months ago

Probably, unless someone gives her some wall to wall counseling...

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i would hope not

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Yes probably unless someone stops her early enough.....probably a bigger bully than she is. Unfortunately, if she rules by fear, she's not going to have a very happy life is she. Her problem - NOT yours. You aren't responsible for your sister's problems made by herself.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I think it depends on the individual. Some grow out of it, some do not. My sister never grew out of it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'm sure she will grow out of it

• 6 months ago

Not necessarily. People can change.

-Kate Yelkovan

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.