Loknath asked in SportsCricket · 1 month ago

Who is the best batman ever in history?

Sir Don Bradman was born on 27 August 1908. The greatest cricketer of all time suffered from “a discernible and not unexpected wilting of spirit” after his wife’s death in 1997. In December 2000 he was hospitalized with pneumonia. On 25 February 2001, at the age of 92, Sir Don Bradman passed away.

The reason why he was called ‘Sir’ was that he was appointed Knight Bachelor during the 1949 New Year Honours. This honour was given to him because of his services towards the game. He is also the only Australian cricketer ever to be knighted.

At his young age Sir Don Bradman went to watch the Fifth Ashes test match between Australia and England at Sydney Cricket ground, and at that day he told his father until he played on this ground, he will not be satisfied.

In the year of 1922 he start his work for a local Real estate company during that time period his agent gave his some time off because of his pursuit for cricket, but after few months of that Sir Don Bradman gave up on cricket for lawn Tennis but he started playing cricket in 1925 again.

Soure : https://sportslibro.com/cricket/news/sir-don-bradm...

• 1 day ago

sakib all hasan

Sir Viv or Kallicharan

• small

Bradman was a single dimension player, though the best in batting no doubt. but was he the best in stamina, fitness etc. and in any case the latest batting record that needs to be surpassed happens to be 100 international centuries by Sachin Tendulkar of India.

The truly greatest cricketer ever was Jaques Kallis of South Africa whose stupendous record as an all-rounder may never be broken.

Hey Guys! Virat Kohli is the best batsman in ODI

As an American, I never heard of the man until a group of his cricketing cards from the 1920s to 1940s came up in one of the sports auctions that I participate in on a regular basis. It caught my attention because the title described him as 'The Babe Ruth of Cricket'.

Many people outside the US, even today, have at least heard of Babe Ruth, even if they don't know much about him. But a huge majority of Americans know nothing about the sport of cricket, never mind knowing the names of the men who have played it.

So I figured I might be onto something, as in the past, I have gotten some really great deals on things I knew more about than the people I was bidding against. Things that 'slipped through the cracks'. I took a chance and won the lot, more than 40 items, including a couple of VERY rare cards, and two autographed cards.

This led me to do more study not only on what I had, but on the man himself, and I became fascinated by his story. Particularly the 1932-33 Test between England and Bradman's Aussies that became known as the 'Bodyline Series'. That incident led to seriously-strained relations between the two countries for a number of years, over what Australia saw as 'dirty' and unsportsmanlike play.

The type of bowling England used in that series is common today, but at the time, it hadn't been seen before - throwing directly at a batsman. When Jofra Archer put one into Steve Smith's neck this past Ashes, England's fans of course cheered, but there was no complaining about the tactic from Australia.

Learning about Bradman spurred me to try to learn more about the game, and there is much about the sport I do not understand - and I think I would have a hard time watching a Test match that can last six hours of play over an eight hour stretch, for up to five straight days - following the World Cup in July and the Ashes in August-September was very, very fun, tracking the action on Yahoo while I did my work online. That miracle finish by England against New Zealand (who I was pulling for and was sure had won it) had me rooting for Stokes at the end. People are going to remember that one for a long, long time.

I was happy to see Australia retain the Ashes, but the 5th Test was a bit anti-climactic and a bit of a disappointment, though England were happy. But I now know who guys like Stokes and Smith and Stuart Broad and Pat Cummins are, and I also know of the legendary W G Grace, the sport's first superstar. I need to learn more about who some of the other greats were and are, from India and West Indies and other countries. Many of Bradman's records have since been broken.

But until someone gets even close to his almost-century in career Test batting, he's going to stay the best ever. If not for the duck he took in his last Test in 1948 as a 40-year old (with many prime years lost to wartime and injury), he would have gotten that century average.

I just wish it wasn't another 2+ years until the next Ashes.

• Hi Curtisports. Send me a message if you're interested in joining a FB group made up of former Y!A Cricket Section contributors. A number of the blokes on the Top 10 Leader board for Best Answers in this section are members.

Virat Kohli is the best batsman in ODIs. Steve Smith is the best in test cricket. Chris Gayle is best in T20.

Michael Keaton's Batman.

• Adam West, no contest.

I have always preferred Michael Keaton's Batman.