Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationFishing · 1 month ago

How do you fish with anchovies?

Best Answer

You choose a lively one, carefully hook it, and cast it out. They're like sardines but a bit smaller and less sturdy. One of the best baits for fish off the California coast, from offshore fish like tuna to inshore bass and halibut.

They're also good as cut bait in both fresh and salt water.

You don't as they are far too delicate and salty.

I take a pepperoni pizza with anchovies fishing to eat and fish with other types of lures including minnows,

I would rather bring my buddy or son with me than go fishing with anchovies. They are not good conversationalists and never seem to 'get' anyone's jokes.

• Robin

i dont fish with them i eat them in salads

• Mike

The anchovies you fish with are not the size of the babies they use as a pizza topping but are as big as your hand. Maybe 2 or 3" long. If frozen hook them through the eyes, if fishing for blues, you can cut them up for cut bait like you would finger mullet. They are very strong smelling bait, fish like Blues love them

• me

You put the anchovies in the water, and then the wuss fish who can't eat anchovies will jump out complaining thats its too salty or whatever, and then you catch those fish with a net.

I don't fish at all.