Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 2 months ago

I want to have a party, but have a small budget and no where to host it.?

My 18th birthday is coming up and I want to have a party. the problem is my parents have limited me to a $200 budget, which will not be enough to host a party, and I have no where to have the party because we only have a tiny house which is too small to host a party in and the tight budget won't allow me to rent/hire a space. what do I do??

• Jerry

If you don't have enough money for a big party then you have a small party. Invite 3-7 friends for something like bowling, skating, a theme park day, or some other outing.

Bon fire. Tell your guests to bring tents and blankets. Buy a few things to eat and drink, and pocket the leftover $150.

Public park. You can usually rent a covered pavilion or just find some tables and use the grill. How many people? That's the key question.

What you do is call it a pot luck and force everyone to bring a dish

Host it outside your house or go to a public park. $200 for a party is plenty. If it's getting cold where you live see about a fire pit. You could have a gourmet make your own s'mores bar, a nice fire, some hot drinks like apple cider, music. You just need to get creative with your ideas.

Isn’t a park free. Some of them comes with a bbq pit so you can have a picnic and cook bbq.

What about Chuck E. Cheese. 200 dollars should buy you plenty of food and get you lot of coins.

• Rick B

Have all your friends join you at a restaurant. Everyone pays their own way. Typically you can reserve a room for no extra cost. You can spend the $200 for a really nice cake and a few balloons. Of ask a few of your closest friends to be responsible for the cake and some decorations for the table in lieu of a gift. In many cases, the guests will chip in and pay for your meal, so you could do all of this for ZERO dollars.

• Groovy_Unicorn

Jesus h christ where on earth is 200 on a cake and some balloons reasonable?!? Hope you never have to budget a party