Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 2 months ago

Is it to early to let my 12 year old daughter to begin to play soccer again after getting her appendix removed. Please read all before answe?

My 12 yr. got her appendix removed on Sunday, September 8th and plays in a co-Ed recreation soccer league. Can she play in a game or go to practice. If so before her game what should she do to prepare. Thanks!

(Sory if there are speling error, I don’t speak English wel) thanks for understating

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

You usually get that sort of information in your discharge papers. Would call your doctor and ask.

• 1 month ago

As most everyone has replied, checking with your daughter's doctor is the best thing to do, regarding her return to soccer.

If she is "pushing" to get back into the sport, I can understand why you may have posted your question here. The most important thing is to be sure she is fully recovered before doing any strenuous physical activity and having her doctor's approval.

Take care,

SM, Counselor

Boys Town National Hotline

1-800-448-3000

What's your source?

Www.parenting.org

www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

• 1 month ago

Yes and usually you would be asking the doctor for a release before she could return to play soccer

• 1 month ago

You need to be asking her doctor, not strangers on the internet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you trust what random strangers online say rather than asking the doctor dealing with her case, you are far too young to be a parent.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Talk to your doctor, they know how your daughter is doing. Seems early to me.

• 2 months ago

What did her surgeon say when you asked him/her? Personally, I’d trust his/her opinions more than those of strangers on the internet.

• Benny
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Asking this question on a website is terrible parenting. Ask a doctor.

• 2 months ago

Generally 6-8 weeks after surgery to resume normal activities.

Her Dr would be able to advise better

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What does her doctor say.

Most people can return to LIGHT activities after about two weeks.

BUT extreme activities should usually WAIT for SIX WEEKS.

Again - her DOCTOR is the BEST source for this question because WE do NOT know if there were any medical complications during her procedure or any health issues that would impact her recovery.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.