What is your opinion of classical music ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

Personally I can't stand it....I hate it so much that I keep a set of earplugs close to me every time I turn on the radio.How people can even call it music is beyond me !!!

• matt2 months agoReport

I'm the same as you...can't stand it.

• Stan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Enjoyable .

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I dont dislike it, some of it is coo when i hear it. But I don't know anything much about it, so it doesn't really interest me much.

• 2 months ago

I like a lot of classical music.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Even though I don't listen to classical music very often, I have to admit that without classical music, the jazz, blues, and rock heroes of the 20th century would not have half the musicians they were. (BTW, that means the same for 21st century artists, too.)

Example: Jimmy Page insisted on taking classical guitar lessons early in life in order to become a more capable songwriter and guitarist. Although the classical element doesn't seem obvious in every Zeppelin song, it's guaranteed that stairway to heaven would not exist without it.

I'm summary, I guess this means my opinion for classical music is held wayyyy higher than the frequency I listen to it.

From an academic standpoint, Rock, Blues, R&B and such can be recognized as the royal family, where Jazz is the king, and Classical is God.

• Gregg
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

Example: Till The End of Time is derived from Chopin's Polonaise. No Other Love is derived from Chopin's Etude. Just saying Classical music has been instrumental and an inspiration in today's musical compositions.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It must not be that high cause I rarely listen to it, and when I do, it's only the pieces I like most, which aren't many.  My opinion of great composers and major symphony musicians is still high though. You can't learn that stuff overnight. 

• 2 months ago

I like it, most of it

• A C
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I like a lot of it.  My parents played it at home when I was growing up.  

• polly
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Although l don't own or listen to a single piece of classical music,I respect it as a genre for the inspiration & direction that many modern day artists have garnered from it

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ugh! I hate it. Like fingernails on a chalkboard.

• Gregg
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Fine. You like the screaming at high notes and the difficult to understand lyrics because of the high pitched music. Why do you think Classical Music has lasted over many centuries? I seriously doubt
      the rhythm cadence that exists today will be heard in the years 30000s.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.