So if i remote desktop from my laptop to my other computer on the network does that give me full access in this situation?

My Desktop computer for some reason doesn't let me log in.

It says account doesn't exist or something like that .

So would remote desktop allow me to access the hard drive or only display login screen?

Favorite Answer

The exact error tells us what is going on. When you log into your desktop, you should see the name of the account you want to log in. If you change this, then you wont' get in because the account "does not exist."

If you are logging into a website, this is entirely different.

Now, as to remote desktop, you won't be able to connect because you need to be logged in to accept the remote connection (unless you have your computer set to accept remote connections) what you will need, however, is the network address of the desktop, and connect through your network from another desktop.

fsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf

I remote desktop to my company laptop over my local network (desktop screen is many orders of magnitude better then the laptop screen.) I have full access to this computer. You have to set things up right for that to happen.