Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

What is the difference between miracles and magic?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

9 "But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me" (Acts 8:9-24).

REMINDER:

The Church was still water baptizing because Peter didn't ***"REMEMBER"*** what Jesus said in Acts 1:5 that "fulfilled" water baptism until he was "rehearsing the matter" (Acts 11:4) in Acts 11:15-16!

• norine5 months agoReport

IT'S ALL ABOUT WHERE ***THE HEART*** IS (MATT 5:8)! THANK YOU JESUS (MATT 11:25)!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

Miracles are done in accordance with natural and eternal laws.

Magic? I don't know enough about it to give a good answer, but it seems to defy natural and eternal laws.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Miracles are performed by God. "Magic" is usually performed by talented human frauds, or in rare cases by evil spirits.

• 5 months ago

Miracles are God's supernatural interventions.

Magic is what small children and Atheists go on about. The former because of fun and imagination, the latter because they cannot understand or comprehend.

Small children grow out of it and face reality.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Miracles have no explanation. Magic does.

• 5 months ago

Miracles are a construct to make people follow a particular creed out of guilt or fear or promise of reward.

Magic ranges from harmless sleight of hand entertainment, charlatans exploiting the gullible for their own advantage and people grasping at the impossible out of ignorance, hope or fear. The latter two being not dissimilar to miracle workers.

• Mog
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That’s the subject of this episode of the tv show Mysteries of the Bible: Magic and Miracles. https://youtu.be/tBSEeY0zMrY

Youtube thumbnail

• 5 months ago

Magic is sleight of hand. Miracles come from God.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

A miracle is provided by God and magic is what a magician does.

• 5 months ago

The difference is between Hebrews 2:4 and anything else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.