Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 2 months ago

Tried new diner today, I cut my pancakes and found two pieces of hair, waitress apologized, but I expected a discount, agree or not?

After I found the first piece of hair I let it go and continued to eat until I found another piece. The waitress offered to get me another plate, but I refused. I feel like I should have received a discount for the remaining food I paid for, but couldn't eat.

I didn't mention to the waitress I felt my meal should have been discounted, she should have done that herself imo, so I didn't leave a tip and spend more money for the contaminated meal, I won't be going back.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • You gotta sue them for a cool Mill

• 1 month ago

Always ask for the manager. Don't eat the food. Take your phone and take a pic. Show the pic to the manager.

• 2 months ago

I would not have "let it go when I found the first piece of hair" and I would not have eaten the food but left without paying.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Did you eat them? If not - or if they brought a fresh meal - you should not have been charged.

If you ate them (why would you?), then it didn’t bother you enough to receive a discount.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Still trolling this?

< I won't be going back. >

That will make her happy.

• 2 months ago

Agreed. Yes 100% discount. You should leave the reminaing food and walk out after explaining why you are walking out.

• 2 months ago

What do you care? Hair doesn't carry bacteria. Take it out and eat!

• 2 months ago

the meal should have been comped and they should have offered something else to you--it was the waitresses fault for not offering something more than an apology--if she was told to not comp the meal then she should have said so and directed you to speak to the manager. I hope you are on yelp--cuz I don't wanna eat there! warn people!

• 2 months ago

Never mind the human hair that you found it's not as if human hair is filthy it gets washed on a daily basis what you need to be concerned with is what you can't see inside your pancakes the bodies of thousands of ground up insects! You're worried about a human hair in your food because your brain is conditioned to believe if you find a hair that you're entitled to a discount or that it's filthy in some way. It's not! Neither are the literally thousands of ground up cockroaches that have been ground into your pancake flour you eat it everyday. It's in your bread too! Now that you know it's there are you going to stop eating hamburgers and waffles and pancakes!?

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Then you should have mentioned it if she didn't offer to. Why did you ask this anonymously?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.