promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why do Jehovah's Witness leaders falsely teach that Jesus is a created angel when Micah 5:2 and John 1:1 clearly says he's eternal?

Update:

The original Hebrew word used to describe Jesus in Micah is "oulm" which in English means "eon." This means forever, everlasting, or eternal. All of these words mean Jesus had no beginning he's always existed. In John 1:1 it says "in the beginning the Word WAS." In both instances it's clear that Christ has always existed and never had a beginning.

Update 2:

Revelation 3:14 does not mean he was the "first" creature to be made by God. Look up the original Greek definition and stop being led astray. The proper definition means Jesus is the Principal, King, or Ruler in all of God's creation. Simply speaking, he is Preeminent over all.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Doug
    Lv 5
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's because JW is a non-Christian cult that denies EVERY major biblical doctrine. JW also has a false works-based gospel that leads to eternal torment (even though they reject the biblical teaching on eternal torment for unbelievers).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

http://www.northlandchurch.com/heaven
      https://www.stillwaterbible.org/sbc-podcasts/?sid=IS16

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Jehovah's Witnesses teach what the Bible teaches.

Jesus was God's first creation, and so he is called the "firstborn " Son of God (Colossians 1:15; Rev 3:14)

Jesus is the only Son that God created by himself.

Study the Bible and find the truth.

Source(s): Bible
  • Brian
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

I dont think you are using the word eternal correctly.

• TeeM
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Micah 5:2

CSB Bethlehem Ephrathah, you are small among the clans of Judah; one will come from you to be ruler over Israel for me. His origin is from antiquity, from ancient times.

CEB As for you, Bethlehem of Ephrathah, though you are the least significant of Judah’s forces, one who is to be a ruler in Israel on my behalf will come out from you. His origin is from remote times, from ancient days

ERV But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, are the smallest town in Judah. Your family is almost too small to count, but the “Ruler of Israel” will come from you to rule for me. His beginnings are from ancient times, from long, long ago.

ESV But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.

GW You, Bethlehem Ephrathah, are too small to be included among Judah’s cities. Yet, from you Israel’s future ruler will come for me. His origins go back to the distant past, to days long ago.

ICB “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, are one of the smallest towns in Judah. But from you will come one who will rule Israel for me. He comes from very old times, from days long ago.”

ISV “As for you, Bethlehem of Ephrathah, even though you remain least among the clans of Judah, nevertheless, the one who rules in Israel for me will emerge from you. His existence has been from antiquity, even from eternity.

MEV But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, although you are small among the tribes of Judah, from you will come forth for Me one who will be ruler over Israel. His origins are from of old, from ancient days.

NET As for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, seemingly insignificant among the clans of Judah— from you a king will emerge who will rule over Israel on my behalf, one whose origins are in the distant past.

NIV “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

So we see that Micah 5:2 actually teaches that Jesus had an origin, a beginning. Thus Jesus wasn't from everlasting to everlasting.

John 1:1

This verse says nothing about Jesus being eternal, only that the Word was with God in the beginning.

As to this verse claiming Jesus is God, please notice these translations:

1865 Diaglot NT and a god was the Word.

Harwood, 1768, "and was himself a divine person"

Newcome, 1808, "and the word was a god"

Thompson, 1829, "the Logos was a god

Goodspeed, 1939, "the Word was divine

Torrey, 1947, "the Word was god

New English, 1961, "what God was,the Word was"

Moffatt, 1972, "the Logos was divine

Reijnier Rooleeuw, 1694, "and the Word was a god"

And from the 2nd century C.E.

“A Contemporary English Translation of the Coptic Text” by George W. Horner and J. Warren Wells

The Gospel of John Chapter One

1In the beginning the Word existed. The Word existed in the presence of God, and the Word was a divine being. 2This one existed in the beginning with God.

18No one has ever seen God at any time. The divine being, the only Son who is in the bosom of his Father, is the one who has revealed him.

Footnotes:

Vs 1: Literally, “and the Word was a god.” Alternatively, “and the Word was divine.”

Vs 18: Or, “The god [who is] the only Son in the bosom of his Father.”

So from these translations, Your question is based upon a lie.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not falsely teach Jesus was created.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach the truth about Jesus.

• ...Show all comments
    • Brian
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

None of those Bible are "reputable or respected"? LOL. Serious? Are you KJV Only type of person? Every one of those are reputable and respected by Trinitarians. I grew up with the NIV. They do not agree with your interpretation so YOU don't think they are reputable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

The Bible teaches he had a beginning.......Colossians 1:15-16, Revelation 3:14

• Voice8 months agoReport

You've been fooled. Firstborn in the original Greek means preeminence. I'll pray for you. 

• Papa-G
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Your scriptures doesn't prove Jesus is eternal, it just means that he's been around for a long time. The first born of all creation Rev 3:14

• ...Show all comments
    • Voice8 months agoReport

The word "beginning" used in Revelation 3:14 comes from the Greek word 'Archomai' which is the same one used in Luke 20:20 which means "Ruler" i.e. "Arche." Hope that helps and please look up the original language and definitions.

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

In the beginning was God, and God was with the Word, and God was the Word.

Is that what you believe?

It doesn't make any sense for something to be something and also be "with" the something it is.

• 8 months ago

If Jesus is the only BEGOOTEN Son of God that means He came directly from God Himself. Its like Gods seed. God isnt going to begot an Angel Thats why Jesus said that He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. They are one.

John 20

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

• ...Show all comments
    • Stanley
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

You're using your own earthy wisdom. God who is a Spirit made the physical things that we see and touch today from invisible things. There is nothing He cant do. God can make a square a circle if He wants to

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

it turns out that all religions , gods , and holy books , were created by man as a means of control of the masses by the elites .

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

jesus is imaginary - so why do ALL cultists lie about it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.