If this is such a great country, why are so many people feeling suicidal? On opioids? Psych drugs? Homeless? Commiting mass shootings?

Are these signs of a great country?

Best Answer

America sold its soul for selfishness and money. There is little community. Everyone is on their cell phones. We have real problems with inequity and racial and class divides. People feel hopeless. We don't come together to solve our problems, we stay in our bubbles and hate each other. We have a leader who needs to go and a better leader to lead the way. I've been in a battle against evil for a long time in this country. It's amazing to me how when I went abroad it was like I suddenly met civilised people who were far nicer and more humble. Americans are arrogant. We truly are. What kind of country has SUV's anyway, automobiles that kill the environment? It's to impress other people. Maybe if America had a soul beyond status obsession we'd be able to care more for the vulnerable around us. I've been picking up garbage to contribute lately. In the meantime, I've been dealing with sociopaths left and right. Personally I believe America is a sociopathic society that lost its way long ago. 

• atomic fireball
      1 month agoReport

Really couldnt have asked for a better answer moonchild. Seriously. Wow. That’s all I can say. Who are you? A soulmate?

• mokrie

They have been raised to be weak and narcissistic instead of strong and confident and more interested in others like they used to be.

Because lack of problems creates new problems. Human beings define their existence through suffering