DCM5150 asked in TravelUnited StatesDallas · 2 months ago

Why would anyone want to live in Texas?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

affordable to stay.

• 2 months ago

Actually, the state has a great deal to offer, but it is a very diverse, cosmopolitan, but quite a bifurcated state. The large urban areas (the larger cities plus their larger and inmost suburbs) have been described as trending politically blue, socially progressive, NPR-ish, one writer even said "almost California-like". Get out into the smaller cities and rural areas, you would think you are in a different state. Those places are quite politically and socially red almost like rural Oklahoma. The major growth has been in the urban areas and as they grow larger and as many of those relocating do not buy into the mostly Anglo old boy/girl brand of social politics, then change is inevitable.

All that to say that if you like those trends, and you like a strong economy (not just due to any current political leadership, especially those at the state level), you prefer mild winters and are willing to tolerate a little heat in the summer (that's why God invented A/C), you enjoy a good pay to cost of living ratio, then it can be a nice place to live. Esta bueno!

• 2 months ago

Lots of reasons....

1) Good weather, apart from the occasional Hurricane + Tornado

2) Good reputation for steaks (possibly only rivalled by British & Jap stuff)

3) Some of the best politicians in America, like Governor Greg Abbot + Senator Ted Cruz + Rep. Dan Crenshaw.

4) Been consistently placing in Top10 best states for Jobs + starting a business during the last several years. Forbes magazine currently ranks Texas 3rd best for economic climate, and 1st best for growth prospects, with costs for doing business 11.2% below the national average.

5) Good people, and home to top YouTubers including: DemolitionRanch (and brothers "OperatorDrewski" + "Homemade Everything").... as well as LunkersTV, LakeForkGuy, Dakota Meyer + Scotty Kilmer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrOSZRh8wDQ

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWN3Yh475aY

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjNVW0nvv0

Youtube thumbnail

6) Supposed to be a good cancer care hospital in Houston (M.D. Anderson), with one of the world's best surgeon's for dealing with brain tumours.

• 2 months ago

Why do you live where you are at? i think that answers your question

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Retirees like the pleasant winters & reasonable cost of living.

• 2 months ago

Beats me. I have no desire to live there at all.

• 2 months ago

im from uk ..i actually think texas is one of the best of 36 states i have visited ..i could live in corpus christi ..or anywhere along the gulf coast

• 2 months ago

I would love to live in Texas, but I'm sure many Texans won't accept a nutjob Californian.

• Not Applicable
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

@Aster Rhoids. It's okay, many of your former neighbors are already here!

• 2 months ago

because it is home to full control of conservatives and Trump supporters

Greg Abbott is the greatest governor in U.S. history

Trump DESTROYED hillary in texas, and any state that rejects crooked hillary and maxine waters is a GREAT state!!!!

• Not Applicable
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

The demographics are quickly changing the state and it isn't likely to stop. Of course, the creative gerrymandering and voter suppression efforts has slowed those changes down.

• I like the Texans 🤠...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.