I'm so excited I'm 16 and I'm getting a 02 honda accord! are they good?

My first car was a 86 Buick La-Sabre in 2002, i was 16. The car was the same age as me but was a free gift from my uncle. Hey after a few modifications it felt less like a granny car and when i turned 19 i traded it in for something better

• Frank

Wonderful....an 18 year old POS. Can you get something a LITTLE NEWER with perhaps a MODICUM of better safety features?  The damn car is OLDER than YOU! They are not selling for more than $3900 online...so make sure you are PAYING LESS.

• lj1

Accords are great cars, especially if you get one with a manual transmission. If it's in good shape, and you take decent care of it, it should last you through college.

I had two Honda Accords and they were very good cars. Just do regular maintenance, especially oil changes, and it will last 300K miles.

Who cares? It sure beats walking!

If it is stick shift they are great. Auto trans have weak trannys.

Hmm wow very nice

• JetDoc

Any car you get for free is good!

A 18 year old car, even when it's a Honda, is a risky proposition. Have you had a mechanic do a check on the car, to make sure that it's in good shape ? And, have you gotten any quotes on insurance, as, at your age, it's not going to be cheap.

Ehh there just cheap transportation. But a good car to learn on. If you don't meed the extra backseat room consider getting a civic because it is a little lighter and handles a bit better.