I'm so excited I'm 16 and I'm getting a 02 honda accord! are they good?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

My first car was a 86 Buick La-Sabre in 2002, i was 16. The car was the same age as me but was a free gift from my uncle. Hey after a few modifications it felt less like a granny car and when i turned 19 i traded it in for something better

• Frank
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Wonderful....an 18 year old POS. Can you get something a LITTLE NEWER with perhaps a MODICUM of better safety features?  The damn car is OLDER than YOU! They are not selling for more than $3900 online...so make sure you are PAYING LESS.

• lj1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Accords are great cars, especially if you get one with a manual transmission. If it's in good shape, and you take decent care of it, it should last you through college.

• 2 months ago

I had two Honda Accords and they were very good cars. Just do regular maintenance, especially oil changes, and it will last 300K miles.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Who cares? It sure beats walking!

• 2 months ago

If it is stick shift they are great. Auto trans have weak trannys.

• 2 months ago

Hmm wow very nice

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Any car you get for free is good!

• 2 months ago

A 18 year old car, even when it's a Honda, is a risky proposition. Have you had a mechanic do a check on the car, to make sure that it's in good shape ? And, have you gotten any quotes on insurance, as, at your age, it's not going to be cheap.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ehh there just cheap transportation. But a good car to learn on. If you don't meed the extra backseat room consider getting a civic because it is a little lighter and handles a bit better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.