Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 2 months ago

Is it any of your business if anybody rush past after you to avoid tapping in for train station fare?

I come down to West End in London every week and I tried to rush past after a lady that tapped in so I don't have to tap in and pay and expense. She stopped and said "Are you gonna pay your own fares?", I just moved over to the next one and realised the security has started looking on our side and decided to just tap in and pay it.

Idk how it was any of her business to act like a snitch. I'm now afraid that she might report it to the train station and start flicking over their cctv.

I feel like I don't want to do it with these snooty, racist white women anymore that can take a chance to snitch or be nasty to you. I'll find another random person who would even be kind to just ignore me.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Zheia
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The world isn't your oyster and could end up being a giant clam.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I once used the DLR for a whole week without tapping in and out. I lost my bank card and Oyster that week. I didn’t get caught. It’s been years now.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Just pay for your travel like anyone else!

• 2 months ago

Only a complete idiot would think they could get away with that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes. We don't think cheats are smart any more.  They cost us money by providing the excuse to raise fares.  Sociopathic, like drink or drugs driving; on the way to being thought of as parasites.

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, it is my business, because the payments by every one of us help to keep transport going. Lack of payment by some means higher payment by others, or by taxpayers.

• 2 months ago

It's their business if you're squashing them in to cheat the fares. It's not a race thing; it's theft. Pay your fare.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes it is you were not only being ignorant and rude its also illegal so that make it everyone's business especially all the honest fare paying passengers I hope they do find you and prosecute you because you deserve it.. It's people like you who ruin it for other thinking you can travel without paying your fare. Why do you say that she was snooty and racist did she make a remark about the colour of your skin or ethnicity if not you have no reason to call her racist.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

As you can't speak about anyone nicely, thanks for the 2 points.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would pay the fare if you dont want to end up in jail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.